Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's been a long time since I dreamed...

I was jumping. I jumped as high as the inside of the school's gymnasium. I grabbed a hold of the middle I-beam. As impressed as the few friends watching were, the landing was always the toughest. it always hurt the knees, no matter how I tried to shield them. Then there were the other times of jumping over the trees in the forest near Yosemite, just didn't feel like walking around any more. My favorites though were the times where I could just soar or swim the skies. It was such a freedom up in the clouds as they passed by as if no time to stop for a greeting.

The worst were the ones about the sea or water, probably rooted in the one about Little Fredrickson's boy falling into the pool presumably because of something I had done, after all, I had signed my name in the freeze frame. The most frightening was the wave of infinite circles all crashing in the middle of where I was on my boogie board. The waves, the dark- all descending onto the place where I was.

These are the major themes of the two stories- the ones about the ability of ascending and those about descending. Either way, those have been the majority of the substances of my dreams in years past. These days, however, sleep is hard to come by either through sheer will-power to "get through" a paper or to just watch that show that I haven't seen because I haven't had so much time because of said homework. One would actually have to sleep for them to show themselves. It's been a long time since I dreamed...of either.

1 comment:

Betty Lou said...

Dad used to fly in his dreams,too. I never have! You need some good, REM sleep!
Mom