Monday, December 1, 2014

Day #21 Favorite Song


This is day #21 of the 25 day, 25 song challenge...

  • Day 21 Your Favorite Song :

This is by far the hardest question to answer! I have a handful of songs I could Lauren to all day! I guess if I have to nail down just one it would have to be, On and On by P.F.R. The words below are written to Our Father. This song always brings comfort and hope to my soul. It reminds me this isn't my journey alone and that it's God who continues to send us "farther on and further up" asC.S. Lewis put it.  Here are the lyrics:

Father of love, look upon me now
I've come so far, only You know how
You've changed my life, made me whole
All I am now, to You I owe it all

You are reality, You alone are life
You take a heart so dull and make it shine so bright
To burn for You and all You are
A Light in the night, a guiding star You are

Here are all my burdens, I lift them up to You
Your words, they ease my mind
Your gentleness shines through,
Giving us hope when hope is all gone
Never retreating, sending us on and on

Songwriters
Hanson Joel David

Published By
SPARROW SONG;UNIVERSAL 

No comments: