Monday, March 28, 2016

Letter to Memories

I decided to write a letter as a song using songs from my childhood. Maybe you'll recognize some of the names of the songs. I might make this into a song, we'll see. 

Sitting down to write a note to you my friend.
An Invitation to Understandin'
Still wishing you were still here, everyday
No matter the actions or choices, voices still replay...

I hear Mr. Milsap singing about the "Smoky Mountain Rain",
his lost love, in the beauty there is still pain
Not sure why Gatlinburg reminded me of a cereal Captain
It was just a time, a story I'd get trapped in

I miss the way "Friends are Friends Forever"
and "Emily", "The Kentucky Rose" used to
search for their "Place in this World".
and maybe a life outside this "Rocket Town"

"Petra Means Rock", it's true
but "This Means War" for the "Available" few
"To Hell With the Devil" is all I'm sayin'
"Honestly", this is all they were playin'

In Acapella they "Laid their Weapons Down"
and there was "Amazing Grace" all around
Their voices rang out clearly
knowing though, it was "My Responsibility"

Now it's nothing but a "Rainy Season"
"Whistlin' in the Dark" as to the reason
"Wonder if They'd Love Him" in your town today
Truth is that "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love song references...sing them into everyday conversation.....

Markchop said...

Thank you! I do too! It helps make life more enjoyable, at least for me...maybe not those around me :-)