Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Challenge: 25 Songs, 25 Days

I saw this while online a day or two ago and thought it would be fun to try and take 25 days to add to this entry. So here goes:


Day1 (11/05/14): Song from Your Childhood
             

             Smoky Mountain Rain by Ronnie Milsap
                             The Reason: Growing up my dad and I would listen to this song on a tape over and over again. I used to think one of the lyrics said "...said he was going as far as Captain Bird..." The actual lyric is "...said he was going as far as Gatlinburg..." I would always think of Captain Crunch which is why I liked the song as a youngster. However, as I grew I realized this song was a really sad song but has always reminded me of my childhood since. The song was released in 1980. Ronnie, is a blind piano player. I was always fascinated with the fact that he, Stevie Wonder, and Ray Charles could all play so great and they were blind! I can't play worth crap and I can see just fine. I can remember playing a game with my two brothers where we would blindfold ourselves and go all around the house. I don't remember what exactly what the purpose was but it was fun.

No comments: