Saturday, October 3, 2026

Blogtober #3 Listening

 


There was a time when I remember being able to sit and listen. Listen to the wind, to the birds, to the silence, to myself, and to God. As I've aged, it's been more difficult to do intentionally because I've had to make the time. When I was younger, I just had time, time to myself with nothing to do but listen- a great training ground. These days, I have to set the time aside to listen. Now, I'm not talking about listening to music or to others who are talking, though I'm sure I could use some help there at times, but the listening to things outside of me. This week I gave a challenge to myself and to my 16-year-old son to listen to see what God is trying to tell us this week. There might be a general sense as to what God is saying to each of us, but I wanted to focus on what is He trying to say to us as individuals, his sons, his brothers and how that might change us. Since this is the last day of the week, I haven't asked my son what he's heard, but I'm hearing God calling me back to deeper discussions with Himself and with others, to be a better listener to The Holy Spirit's leading. It's not something new, it's just something that I'm being reminded of in very real ways: that I need to be more intentional about listening more often, daily even.

No comments: