Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two Worlds

There's this precipice. I stand starring over the edge where there are two worlds. One above and one below. I could fall into the world of failures and folly or I could ascend to the heights of accomplishment and accolade. It's strange knowing I've been here but not able to hear before. I'm actually really familiar with the failing and the folly and even the falling. The harder part is the continuing "Further up and Further in" as one author put it. To struggle on when it's easier to fail. To push through the disheartening looks of disdain and to soldier on for the better and even great. I don't presume to think I am great...and yet I know ONE who is; and He lives in me. He knows the plans for me and which way I should take. The Psalmist said He knows when I rise or fall. So, I'll only say I know Him. Not of but actually know Him. I won't expound about someone else's research on the Divine as some old friends tend to do. I will instead continue to take each step knowing I could either fall or rise and yet also knowing in either scenario it's He who guides me and He who will, by Grace, push me on further still or, by Grace, catch me lest I fall. So, there's this precipice. I stand starring over the edge where there are two worlds. One above and one below. I could fall and be caught by the arms of Grace or I could climb on being pushed by those same arms of Grace. There are two worlds and yet this King of Grace has ahold of me still and can hold me still. I know The King of Grace...but not nearly as well as He knows me.

2 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

sometimes I wish I knew myself as well as He does and then He gives me a peek at my whole self, i don't like it, then i remember what He sees when He looks at me, whew, relief.

Markchop said...

hahahaha sooo true!! Really is good news huh!?